Thursday, January 26, 2006

Feast Days this Week of the Liturgical Year


This is indeed an exciting week for Catholics, generally, but especially for those who attempt to exemplify the "domestic church" in their homes by celebrating along with the worldwide Church the liturgical year. We just received our first encyclical from Pope Benedict XVI.

As well, there are numerous feast days of great saints and doctors of the Church this week.

Tuesday - St. Francis de Sales

Wednesday - The Conversion of St. Paul

Thursday - Sts. Timothy and Titus

Friday - St. Angela Merici

Saturday - St. Thomas Aquinas

I would take some time to comment on the new encyclical, but that would seem a bit hasty. Encyclicals, by their very nature, usually have quite a lot of depth to them in their meaning, implications, and applications, and are not often easily digestible. At this point, it seems best to simply direct my readers to interact with the encyclical on their own and do their own digesting. But, I do hope to post a few little reflections on Sts. Francis de Sales and Thomas Aquinas, as they happen to be a couple of my favorite doctores ecclesiae.

3 Comments:

Blogger T.B. Vick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Jan 28, 04:40:00 PM EST  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

I enjoyed Pope Benedict XVI encyclical, what sections I read anyway . . . I did have the time to read the entire encyclical . . . but will do so soon.

Sat Jan 28, 04:59:00 PM EST  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Correction - should "I did not have . . ." instead of I did have . . ."

Sat Jan 28, 10:42:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home