Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Devolution of a Blogspot

All's well that ends well?

All good things must come to an end?

All things reconsidered (via Purgatorio1)?

That's all folks?

How should I express my intentions? With which hackneyed phrase could I best describe my precipitant departure? I am very sorry to say that after due consideration (and running out of time in every possible facet of my life), I shall have to stop contributing new posts to this blogspot. Though the number of my readers can probably be counted on the fingers of my left foot, I feel sad to have to bring it all to an indefinite halt. We'll see what the summer months bring, but I surely will not be able to regularly contribute new posts here prior to August.

I am now at a point where I'm working 65+ hours a week (due to several ongoing lines of work). Additionally, my wife is 4 months pregnant and, for whatever strange reason ;-), she's going to be even more in need of my assistance as the ensuing months go by.

Besides which, my original intention for this blog was as a key tool for use by all my beloved catechists at St. Michael Catholic Church, but I'm afraid it has gone practically unused for such a purpose and has therefore devolved into something personal.

Though no one is likely to shed any tears and "I doubt they'll throw up any roadblocks-not for an old crook like me" (know the film, anyone?), still it seems sad to go. I'll leave up the blogspot in case anything changes in my schedule, though I doubt it will. Also, anyone coming here I hope will follow any and all links on the sidebar. I have thoroughly enjoyed all the blogs listed there, and I will make it a priority to pop into all of them from time to time. No contributions; just subtle viewing. The "Catechesis Corner," though a bad misnomer, nevertheless has some great links to things Catholic.

If you think of me ever, maybe say a quick prayer for the welfare of my family.

Au revoir, everyone! I wish you the best in your theological (and other) explorations!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

:-(

Tue Feb 14, 06:05:00 PM EST  
Blogger David said...

Dude, you have fingers on your feet!? Yuck!

Anyway, your posts have been stimulating. They'll be missed. I hope some unforseen twist brings you back sooner than you expect.

Blessings to you and your family.

Tue Feb 14, 08:47:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to see you go. May GOD bless you and your family.

Regards,
John

Wed Feb 15, 09:46:00 AM EST  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Well, I'm gonna miss you! Hopefully you will be able to post this summer.

btw - your movie line "I doubt they'll throw up any roadblocks-not for an old crook like me" (know the film, anyone?)

Shawshank Redemption (very good movie)

Also - another baby on the way - man when you convert to Catholicism you go all out! How many is that now - 5?

Thu Feb 16, 12:03:00 AM EST  
Blogger Jeremiah Kier Cowart said...

Good one Todd. Yep, that's one of my favorite movies.

Thanks to you all. And, as I said, I will still be following your own journeys in theology over the ensuing months. Though I won't be able to contribute my own posts or comments, I have enough vested interest now to see where you all head. I think you each are on fascinating journeys and it'll be great to see the directions you continue to head in and watch your understandings in theology unfold.

Bye, for now.

Thu Feb 16, 08:47:00 AM EST  
Blogger DWright said...

Sorry to hear it Jeremiah. However, no one can argue with choosing your family above blogging! Come back when you are able . . .

Mon Feb 20, 12:02:00 AM EST  
Blogger Douglas Beaumont said...

Dang, Todd beat me to the movie line - good call! I know we'll be in touch my friend. Give Jess a hug from the Beau's!

Tue Feb 21, 08:29:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home